Odd dowels

If you need technical information or help with your pantah based twin Ducati F1, F3, TT1, TT2, Santamontica, Montjuich, Laguna Seca, Al'azzurra, Pantah XL/TL etc engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Odd dowels

Post by Vince »

I have been having trouble with a knock in the drive line of my TL Pantah,
I pull the rear wheel today and discovered 2 8mm dia dowels coming out of the coush drive drum,one sticks out 10mm and the other sticks out 6mm and both are stopping the coush drive rubber fully fitting into its position,they are the same distance out from the centre as the big Alan head bolts that hold the coush drive drum to the wheel,these dowels are oposite,180deg to one onother and for the life of me I cannot see what they do,i gave them a hit and they are not going anywhere without some force,any coments gratefully receved
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Locating pins - probably pulled out or were never installed all the way to begin with......
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince »

Got it in one Steve,been like it since it was made,I cut 3 mm off them and knocked them on and now there is zero chain snatch,they would have worked OK when the Axel nuts were stupid tight forcing them into the coush rubbers but at a normal toque they allowed way to much slop which felt like server chain snatch

Return to “'Straight Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces forward] > F1, F3, Pantah, TL, XL, TT1, TT2, Al'Azzurra”