F1 / TT2 Side Stand

If you need technical information or help with your pantah based twin Ducati F1, F3, TT1, TT2, Santamontica, Montjuich, Laguna Seca, Al'azzurra, Pantah XL/TL etc engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
mayoreric
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

F1 / TT2 Side Stand

Post by mayoreric »

I am taking a delivery of an F1 (hurry up Steve!) that has had its frame cut where the center stand would normally mount. Does anyone have experience fitting a side stand to a TT2 or an F1 similarly modified? I was thinking of fabricating a plate to bolt to the engine case on the RH side and welding a side stand to the plate.

What kind of side stand has been adapted for this purpose? Any tips or tricks?
Eric W.

91 851
85 750 F1
80 Morini 500W
73 Benelli 250SS
67 Trail 90
97 F650 ST
Albuquerque, NM
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

alla'azurra side stands supposedly bolt up

[i'm pushing the bike as fast as I can eric] :roll:
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
mayoreric
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Sidestand

Post by mayoreric »

Indeed the Alazzurra stands are supposed to bolt on. Sfortunamente, the center stand lugs (where the zura stand would mount) have been lopped off. Hence the TT2 - style RH fitment to the engine cases.

Trouble is, most side stands are fitted to the LH side of motorcycles.

The TT2 bike I rode around in Italy had a little piece of welded up pipe that fit perfectly under a bracket on the RH side. I'll challenge my welding shop neighbors to come up with something suitably elegant if I can't find a stand. But it's all academic until the bike arrives.
Eric W.

91 851
85 750 F1
80 Morini 500W
73 Benelli 250SS
67 Trail 90
97 F650 ST
Albuquerque, NM

Return to “'Straight Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces forward] > F1, F3, Pantah, TL, XL, TT1, TT2, Al'Azzurra”