Starter Motor for Pantah 500

If you need technical information or help with your pantah based twin Ducati F1, F3, TT1, TT2, Santamontica, Montjuich, Laguna Seca, Al'azzurra, Pantah XL/TL etc engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
RobPant500
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Starter Motor for Pantah 500

Post by RobPant500 »

Hi there,

I am having a miserable old time trying to locate a starter motor for my (soon to restored?) Pantah 500. The words 'hen' and 'teeth' come to mind...

If someone could point me in the direction of one, I will give you one gazillion dollars. If you know of a work-around, I will give you half a gazillion dollars (do I seem too desperate?)

Of course, I won't be able to have my life-saving surgery...but, it will be worth it!

Regards,

Robert
(Melbourne)
Jerrard
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

pantah starter

Post by Jerrard »

Gowanlochs in Sydney have them..As well as all the parts needed to rebuild the old one.
Have you tried Eurobrit in Melb?

Jerrard
RobPant500
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by RobPant500 »

Dear Jerrard,

I tried Gowanlochs in Sydney, and even though I'm sure he has some, he sure wouldn't give me one! In the end, I got a couple on eBay (after a longish wait) and got one of them to fit.

In the end though, I did what I should done in the beggining, and that is go and chat to Bob Brown at;

http://bobbrownducati.com/

He has a few work-arounds, and what he doesn't know about dukes is not worth knowing!! Lots of stories about the early days and racing as well.

Thanks for the help though...

Robert
Rossco27
Mariana

Post by Rossco27 »

hi Rob

I have a 1980 500 just picked it up recently. has an f1 fairing on it, which is now off! i found an original fairing and now looking for a headlight, seems to be some confusion wether or not there is an indentation in the "pantah" headlight (on the backside of it). Just wondering if yours has the indentation in the back of it?

cheers

Ross
dewjantim
Mariana

Post by dewjantim »

I bought one of the four hole starters from eBay. It fits the latter Ducatis, I think mine came from a 1098. It worked great in my Paso, which is the same basic engine as yours. It has a bit more torque than the stock starter and spins really fast..... sounds like a Chrysler starter. Price was in the $70 range..... hope this helps..... ;) ;) ;)

Return to “'Straight Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces forward] > F1, F3, Pantah, TL, XL, TT1, TT2, Al'Azzurra”