monoposto seat? and heads

If you need technical information or help with your pantah based twin Ducati F1, F3, TT1, TT2, Santamontica, Montjuich, Laguna Seca, Al'azzurra, Pantah XL/TL etc engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
Gomi

Post by Gomi »

Steve,

I found a piston+cylinder kit in Germany, new.
These are not stock ones but 780cc ones.

don't have the details, here is the link, as well as the unafordable price... Dunno if it could match your needs...

http://www.italo-shop.com/product_info. ... Sport.html

Gomi
sbelcher
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by sbelcher »

Gomi,

It obviously isnt just me that spends too much time on the internet looking for rare Ducati parts.....

thanks for the lead - i had seen similar items listed at Vee two in Australia, but they were more expensive than the German parts once postage is included. i may well end up going for this option as I am nervous about going to a 92mm bore with a standard cylinder head stud spacing. It leaves the skirt area of the cylinder very thin! I can only assume that Ducati machined the cases for Lucchinellis bike in the 80's from scratch and moved the studs outwards a little.... What i would give for some raw castings....

I have been unable to raise Mr Thersby even by phone to ask about your seat, I have to wonder if he is still there! I will keep looking for you anyway. I am in the UK often, so if you see a seat advertised and want an opinion on condition before buying, let me know as I am happy to help if I am over there anyway. i have heard of a guy who has a crashed F1 in his garage and am making enquiries at the moment - not sure if it restorable or just a heap of spares. That is if he will sell it! Steve
Interested in TT / pantah parts and information
Gomi

Post by Gomi »

sbelcher wrote:Gomi,

It obviously isnt just me that spends too much time on the internet looking for rare Ducati parts.....
That's my pleasure, also ;)
sbelcher wrote: I can only assume that Ducati machined the cases for Lucchinellis bike in the 80's from scratch and moved the studs outwards a little.... What i would give for some raw castings....
maybe you should ask the factory? :lol: :lol:
sbelcher wrote: I have been unable to raise Mr Thersby even by phone to ask about your seat, I have to wonder if he is still there! I will keep looking for you anyway.
I got today an answer to the e-mail I shoot him on your advice. He told me everything sold out. That was still worth the try :cry:
I may have found one in France, almost new, for EUR 300,00. I guess I'll hardly find something cheaper in such a good condition... And this is also probably at least not more expensive than a reproduced one for which I'll need a (good) paint job.
I'm currently bargaining with the seller to get the turn signals and the rear light for that price, and still awaiting his answer... Wait and see, but any other (cheaper) option will be welcomed :)

maybe the crashed F1 guy has no need of his heads... :roll: :lol:

Return to “'Straight Head' Pantah Engines [rear exhaust faces forward] > F1, F3, Pantah, TL, XL, TT1, TT2, Al'Azzurra”