Side Stand?

If you need technical information or help with your parallel twin Ducati GTL 350/500 or Sport Desmo 350/500 engine - post your FAQs, comments & questions here.
jcslocum
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Side Stand?

Post by jcslocum »

I have 350 and a 500 along with an extra frame and NONE of them have side stands. It does show one in the parts list. Does anyone out there have one on their bike? Have one for sale? Pics?

Jon
Jon
LAZZERI
Mariana

Re: Side Stand?

Post by LAZZERI »

jcslocum wrote:I have 350 and a 500 along with an extra frame and NONE of them have side stands. It does show one in the parts list. Does anyone out there have one on their bike? Have one for sale? Pics?

Jon
Hello
I have one at home in France but it suits GTL models only and it is bent because i tried to fit it on my GTV
But you can find a new one (without spring) for the GTL frames at this adress: Classic Italian Bikes in Holland

http://www.classicitalianbikes.com/inde ... =2&lang=EN

Best Ducati regards 8)
Gerald
French Ducati enthousiast
Owned many
At the moment busy with a 500 GTV and a 650 Pantah
my web site:
paralleltwins.com
jcslocum
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by jcslocum »

Thanks so much for the link!!

What's the different between the GTL and the GTV for mounting this?
Jon
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Post by ducadini »

GTV and Desmo used a double tube at the front.
GTL had a single tube, a bit like the Ducati Singles.
Maybe the stand is one of a single that accidentally fits a GTL ?
cu
joseph
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

Anyone ever sees a side stand on a Sport Desmo? I could really use one on mine as the centre stand is a real heave.

Chris
jcslocum
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by jcslocum »

Chris Bushell wrote:Anyone ever sees a side stand on a Sport Desmo? I could really use one on mine as the centre stand is a real heave.

Chris
No kidding!!! If I could figure out what it's supposed to look like and mount I will have one made up at a local machine shop.

I may buy the one on-line and see if I can adapt it to this frame.
Jon
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Post by ducadini »

Anyone has access to a 90's Monster sidestand : they bolt onto the engine
Could be fitted using the bolt of the mainstand ?

cu
joseph
jcslocum
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by jcslocum »

Been looking at making a side stand but the way that the exhaust is mounted and the way the engine is mounted has made the a real challenge. I have gathered some old ducati sidestands and none of them will work.

I have an extra frame with a center stand attached to it and I'm thinking of just having the center stand modified to become a side stand. Cut off the right (throttle side) leg altogether and then have the left one bent out and shortened/lengthened with a new foot welded onto it. It will also have to a new pull mounted to it too.

I'll post pics once I figure it out.
Jon
Chris Bushell
Parallel Twin

Post by Chris Bushell »

I am looking at using a side stand off a 916 at the moment. What I plan to do is make a plate that will go from the rear engine mounting bolt to the main stand bolt (ok both will have to be longer). Then weld a bracket to take the sidestand and the 916 spring assembly.

It looks as if it will work and tuck in under the silencer - but I am not going to be able to do it until after thw Moto Giro, I have too much to do to get ready!

Chris

Return to “Parallel Twin Engines > GTL/Sport Desmo 350 & 500”