Internal Tommaselli part

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
focusrsh
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Internal Tommaselli part

Post by focusrsh »

I'm restoring the Tommaselli Daytona throtle on my 1973 750GT. There is a knurled screw coming up from the bottom of the body that is used for adjusting drag on the throtle. Inside the throtle body where the screw comes through, there is a recess about 1cmx2cm and 3mm deep. I assume there is suppose to be some kind of plate there that the screw presses on and which, in turn, presses on the plastic throtle.

1. Am I correct in assuming there is suppose to be a plate there?
2. If so, can someone send me a photo or a sketch of what it looks like so I can make one?

Thanks. BTW, this forum has been a great help in my restoration. Plus many thanks to Steve (along with many orders for parts and more to come) for hosting this.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

parts

Post by BevHevSteve »

Thanks for the kind words. This is a labor of love and does occupy more than just a bit of my time..... It is nice to hear that my efforts have helped you.

To answer your question, yes there is a little square piece of plastic with a round detent for that screw to push up against, putting pressure against the throttle tube if required. if you look at the space above the screw you will see what size to cut it - then just drill a detent in the middle fo the plastic for the screw to push into. I can;t remember if the detent for the screw is that or simply a hole..... IT is rather basic in design. A piece of delrin should do the job for you.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”