Rear frame loop for wide frame 750 gt

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
co311a
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Rear frame loop for wide frame 750 gt

Post by co311a »

Hi does anyone know where i can obtain a rear frame loop for a wide frame 750 gt , the previous owner has butchered the loop off,so i cannot
fix a mud guard to the frame :)
regards andy
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Just sold the one I had but you should be able to fabricate at least a functional replica of the original with some careful measurements from another bike. There are no compound curves and its plain round mild steel tubing though you don't want thin wall tubing. Its spot welded to the frame in two places on each side, top and bottom where it slides into the frame tubing which is larger in diameter. The bracket for mounting the fender and tail light is welded to the loop. Here again if you can find a bike to look at or get pictures and measurements it should not be too difficult. FYI: I got $50.00 for my rear loop. Was happy to help the guy out and I wasn't going to use it but I have not seen any others for sale anywhere. A competent fabricator can probably make one from a pattern in a couple hours.

Good Luck, Jordan
co311a
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by co311a »

Thanks for the reply,i might just have to fabricate a loop up if one does not turn up.
I was thinking that i may be able to bend the tubing on my copper bending tool, this may depend on the gauge of steel used.
you never know till you try ?
regards andy

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”