Marzocchi Shocks

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
isaac
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Marzocchi Shocks

Post by isaac »

Hi Guys
I am just starting to get everything I need to do a Marzocchi shock rebuild ,the thing is I need a Peg spanner to undo the cap of the side part.
I had a peg spanner that was for a grinder to change the disks but it just bent it ,they must be either very tight or mybe lock tighted in??.
Can you buy the correct Peg spanner to do the job? , also I would like to ask , when I finish them and go to fit them on the bike does the side canaster part with the valve in it go to facing the front of the bike or the back ??,I have seen pics with both ways but more are facing the rear , does it even make any difference which way?? ,thanks Isaac.
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Re: Marzocchi Shocks

Post by ducadini »

About the cap : on the lathe I made a cilinder, two holes drilled and tapped (IIRC M4) at the same distance of the holes in the cap. Two bolts that protrude a few mm and welded a 17mm nut on top so that You can pushdown and turn it loose at the same time.
Don't have it around here :cry:

About the position : IIRC it touches the chainguard if fitted wrong.

have fun
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri
isaac
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Marzocchi Shocks

Post by isaac »

Thanks for your reply ducatini
Im a maintenance fitter by trade so making that tool would be easy as ,IF!! I had a lathe ,but I don't even know anyone that could let me use one ,thanks anyways.

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”