Shox for '74 Sport

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
tobaccoblender
Diana

Shox for '74 Sport

Post by tobaccoblender »

Hi there
Can anybody out there tell me a bit about the Marzocchi shox fitted to a 750 Sport? Did they have a Marzocchi catalogue number? Were they fitted to any other bike, especially a more common one than the Sport. What is the length (hole centres)?
I badly need a pair but can't find them, nor can I find an old pair to overhaul.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Paddy
machten
MHR / S2

Re: Shox for '74 Sport

Post by machten »

If you Google Marzocchi A73 Euro 74 you should find something. The shocks changed 73 to 74.

Kev
tobaccoblender
Diana

Post by tobaccoblender »

Thanks for that Kev- so does that date change mean the 74 has a different shocker from the 73?
Is there a source for these shox or is it like most other things- keep an eagle eye on ebay?
Cheers
Paddy
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

a friend of mine just bought a pair of seemingly NOS correct shocks for his 74 Sport, paid 1600 USD for the pair.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
tobaccoblender
Diana

Post by tobaccoblender »

I'm kinda tapped out for a while. Just bought a new JOD Duplo c/w chrome bucket. Jeez, $1600 for a pair of shox- up in Bugatti Veyron territory!
tobaccoblender
Diana

Post by tobaccoblender »

Hey Kev
Take a look at these- they look kinda right but I'm not sure about 275mm length- it's it supposed to be 305?
http://www.subito.it/accessori-moto/amm ... 882735.htm
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Yes 305. You'd take your mudguard out with 275. Right shape and look for a 74, wrong length. I believe some Brit scramblers (BSA?) used 300mm units. They can work OK.

Kev
tobaccoblender
Diana

Post by tobaccoblender »

Kev
Thanks for that advice- much appreciated. How about these? http://www.subito.it/accessori-moto/amm ... 765523.htm
Hope they are approx. correct as I've bought them!
Steve was just telling me about a buddy who just bought a pair of NOS for $1600, so if these are right, I've done ok at €160.
It's fun being here in Italy- almost every evening I trawl through these small ad sites and slowly slowly you find just about everything. The tough part about finding an Aprilia JOD headlight is that there is a make of scooter called Aprilia, so searching for Aprilia Headlight just gets you loads of shitty scooter parts! Oh well... :vroom:
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

They will work fine. If you want to confound the rivet counters, paint the preload adjusters the same silver as the bodies rather than black, and the springs had the same black paint splatter treatment as the forks. I'm not in front of my bike right now, so just my recollection. There's many others here that can chip in, I'm sure.

Kev

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”