Marzocchi springs

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
welshmally
Diana

Marzocchi springs

Post by welshmally »

Hi there,

just wondered if anybody knows the correct length of springs for an''80 900SS (and is the length relevant?)

Can't afford new ones at the moment, so will ahve to live with these, whatever they should be!!!

Thanks
welshmally
Diana

Re: Marzocchi springs

Post by welshmally »

I should have also mentioned that when I took the fork caps off, there were 30mm spacers on top of the springs - is this a standard part or could the previous owner have added them to stiffen up the suspension/compensated for soggy springs? Haven't ridden it without yet, so would appreciate some info.
Thanks
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

Can't help you with the spring length, Welshmally (Steve A should be able to, tho', as he's sells replacements). But for the pre-load spacers, yeh, they were standard fit - have a look at the parts book. Obviously you can shorten or lengthen them to suit your needs.

Ciao

Craig
welshmally
Diana

Post by welshmally »

Thanks Craig - yeah, I left them out and the front end feels like it's made of mutton fat without even taking the bike of its stand, so it's back in they go!
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

For the last 6 years my 78 Darmah has had another 15mm of preload being provided by 5 Australian 20 cent pieces in each tube. They are the perfect size!

Kev
welshmally
Diana

Post by welshmally »

Too broke to put real cash in at the moment!Nice idea - and so tunable - add a few cents for those hard-riding days, and pull a few out on a more leisurely ride!

WM

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”