Darmah Steering Damper

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
NeilD
Mariana

Darmah Steering Damper

Post by NeilD »

the steering damper on my SD wasnt fitted when I bought the bike - I've only managed 60 miles on it and wasnt pushing it so no idea if it needs one... so whats the teams thoughts - are they essential or were they just a 70's fashion thing ?

Neil
ducadini
860 GT / GTS

Re: Darmah Steering Damper

Post by ducadini »

I never needed the steeringdamper while pushing my Darmah, only more pushers :-)
If those first 60 miles were on circuit, You could've been pushing it :-)
When suspension and tires are all right, and the bike shakes it's head, You're WAY over any speedlimit (and that's about everywhere in the world then).
In other words : I don't think I ever needed it, and it broke after a few months anyway.

Enjoy it for what it was intended to do : a (fairly) comfortable bike that can be ridden hard :-)

cu
ducadini
Nego i ricordi peggiori
Richiamo i migliori pensieri
NeilD
Mariana

Post by NeilD »

cheers for that.. I've had the same thoughts from another longterm owner so I wont worry about it.. :-D
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

I had always intended to install a damper on my NCR Replica but never had found a 38mm fork tube clamp so I could do it (it has Ceriani forks so the triple clamP doesn't have a hole to install it in). I only recently found the clamps and so one and a damper is sitting next to my bike ready to install. That said, I have never really thought that I really "needed" one.... I will have it on it's lightest/loosest setting -just in case- and yes I have the dampers as well as the 38mm clamps in my shopping cart now and ride this bike hard.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”