F1 Forcella Italia forks

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Sumfun4me
Mariana

F1 Forcella Italia forks

Post by Sumfun4me »

Would anyone know where I might source a pair of nylon guide bushes for the 750 F1 FI forks (original part # 067037230)?
raptor
Mariana

Re: F1 Forcella Italia forks

Post by raptor »

Try `Classic Ducati` they are in Derbyshire UK
Sumfun4me
Mariana

Post by Sumfun4me »

Thanks Raptor,
I've checked there site with no luck, but I've sent an e-mail just in case.
Clinton
Sumfun4me
Mariana

Post by Sumfun4me »

No joy with Classic Ducati I'm afraid.
Clinton
Bob
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Bob »

Hi ,
I have a confession to make, I'm a non Ducati owner who has infiltrated the forum :) - Please bear with because I've got a technical confession about F1 forks which I'm hoping someone on here can answer;
I've bought some NOS Forcella Italia 38mm forks which I think are the same type as fitted to some F1 derivatives. I'm in the process of fitted them to a Laverda race bike and cannot find any technical documentation about them. I'm curious about the two external adjustment facilities; the allen bolt adjuster on the lower part of the fork presumably controls rebound damping. According to what I can glean on the web the knurled adjuster at the top of the legs is to adjust pre load and this is what puzzles me. The action is so light I can't believe it's acting on a spring. Surely it's a compression damping adjuster? If anybody can throw some light on this or can point me in the direction of a service/operating manual I'd be very grateful.
Thanks in anticipation,
Bob
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Post by Vince »

Bob I think Steve B has a set in his Injected RGA,if he has them he will know whats what
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Bob,You are correct it is a damping adjustment.Compression if i remember correctly. I have a set on my F1. The adjustment range is pretty coarse on the comp. side and the rebound really doesn't seem to do much of anything[.But that could just be my forks are pretty well used.
Bob
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Bob »

Thanks guys [Hi Vince!],
That all stacks up, it makes sense that it would be compression. Just by pumping the forks up and down in the garage I'd noticed the adjustment seemed quite coarse, I might have a word with Ron Williams at Maxton and see if it's possible to build in some finer adjustment. I'm really pleased to have adjustable compression damping in an accessible place, at the moment the Maxton conversion on my current Marzocchis requires the front wheel to be removed to get at the adjuster!

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”