62 ducati bronco forks hepl please

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
danny selves
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

62 ducati bronco forks hepl please

Post by danny selves »

I am having problems finding info on how to get these apart. need some help. I have them most of the way torn down but cannot get the fork tube out of the bottom section of the fork. hmmmm

Thanks
Danny
gioto3
Diana

Post by gioto3 »

Hi Danny,
I recently disassembled and rebuilt the forks of a 1953 65 Sport and found the same problem until I realized I had to remove the rubber tampons underneath the upper fork taps ad unscrew the bolts they hidden, after that I was able to dismantle the forks.
It may be in the same way in your bike.
Ciao
Giovanni
1980 Ducati 900 SS Darmah
1977 Ducati 125 six days
1972 Ducati 450 Scrambler
1953 Ducati 65 Sport
1949 Ducati CCC 60
danny selves
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by danny selves »

Thanks for the reply to the issue at hand. I thought of that and dont see any "tampons". I think the aluminum collar that the fork tube slides through unsrews somehow, but am unsure of that. There is a rubber seal poking out. I dont want to damage the hard parts. just dont know how th handle this one. The forks that I have done you pull the fork tube with a quick jerk and they come right apart. hmmmmmmmm
I cant find a book on it, driving me nutz. 1962 ducati bronco 125
:?
raptor
Mariana

Re: 62 ducati bronco forks hepl please

Post by raptor »

On my 1966 single the front fork sliders are secured by a nut and bolt accessed through the bottom end of the fork , this is illustrated in my Ducati handbook , this may help although a dif bike it may have similar forks . can I ask how do you locate fork sliders back into frame mounted fork yolks . I dissassembled my sliders to remove and paint the spring shrouds and now I cannot refit as the springs are preventing this .

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”