06 1000 sport front forks

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
19Paul59
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

06 1000 sport front forks

Post by 19Paul59 »

I have a modified 1000 sport is fitted with a retro SSD fairing. The front forks a not up to par even without the fairing would like to know of anyway to bring this up to scare. Regards, Bomber
Well Car tried to kill me in 2000 missed car but thrown head 1st into gutter now in w/chair. Still love m/bikes now have 3 Ducatis, 2 Bimotas 1 is a modified DB1, KTM RC8 and a 67 Guzzi Stornello Sport.
rwhc80
750 GT

Post by rwhc80 »

G'day Bomber,

Sorry to hear about the accident, but great that you still enjoy the bikes !!

You may need to have another try at the post, cause I have been over it several times and can't work out what you're trying to ask ?

Are you suggesting your front forks are not up to scratch ??? if so what has the retro fairing got to do with it ?

I have had a couple of glasses of Red, so maybe that has clouded my perception, but some clearer info would be a help.

regards
Rick
I have desmo disease, I just hope they never find a cure !!!
19Paul59
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

06 1000 Sport

Post by 19Paul59 »

The front forks need to be improved as they compress to much even just sitting on the bike. When 1 of my riders is on it ever road or track they say the front end is a little vague in feel. Like to know the best way to go in getting the front to work better. Improving the shocks that on it now if can be done.
Well Car tried to kill me in 2000 missed car but thrown head 1st into gutter now in w/chair. Still love m/bikes now have 3 Ducatis, 2 Bimotas 1 is a modified DB1, KTM RC8 and a 67 Guzzi Stornello Sport.

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”