Sport side stand

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Sport side stand

Post by Gum »

Gday, is the 750S 1973 side stand the same as the GT.

Thanks Gum
Steve Foster
Parallel Twin

Post by Steve Foster »

G'day Gum - same part number for both GT and Sport sidestands in my '74 edition parts catalogue. However, the part number changed from engine number 501 (0795.12.500 to 0795.12.503) so it seems like the very early ones were different.

Cheers,
Steve.
1974 Ducati 750 GT
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Tar

Post by Gum »

Mine came with a side stand, I remember Robert saying, dont fit it, buts it rare so keep it. So I will keep it with all the other stuff that I have with the bike. Otherwise I would get rid of it as someone may be able ti use it, rather than it sit on a shelf and eventually loss.

Thanks Gum
baddean
Parallel Twin

Re: Tar

Post by baddean »

Gum wrote:Mine came with a side stand, I remember Robert saying, dont fit it, buts it rare so keep it. So I will keep it with all the other stuff that I have with the bike. Otherwise I would get rid of it as someone may be able ti use it, rather than it sit on a shelf and eventually loss.

Thanks Gum
Robert is wise. If you mount it you will tempted to use it. It's not a matter of if, but when, it will cause damage to the left side of your bike.( the left muffler will take the first hit)
The only way to make the sidestand more useless would be to remove the foot and grind a point on the end of it.
I have two complete sidestands with the little bolts and one leg without the bracket.
Great for a show or display for a correct restoration so keep yours.
Looking forward to seeing your bike when it's done.
Dean
Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Hunter S Thompson RIP
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Not far

Post by Gum »

I will post some pics today on the other blog I have. Its just about done, should be on the road this week all going well. Thanks for the reply Gum

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”