Where does this spring go?

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
confusa
Diana

Where does this spring go?

Post by confusa »

Okay, so I thought someone had lost a spring that goes in the 38mm Ceriani forks on my GT, but, now I realize someone had put the shocks back together incorrectly!! The shocks have two springs, one large, and one smaller one as seen here, I believe that spring is part number 11:

What they had done is basically drop it down into part B then dropping in part C, then large spring. The other they had put into the lower part of the fork, part A, just sort of dropped into the bottom. Now, the question is, where is the correct location for the spring? I looked at the parts diagram and it appears that it does go into B, then C slides in, then large spring.

Here is the diagram:

BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Go to my main website and find the link in the left menu that says "Bev Hev SSD" and go there then ding the photos from the chassis where I took a picture of the damper rod and all the bits in the right order.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
confusa
Diana

Post by confusa »

BevHevSteve wrote:Go to my main website and find the link in the left menu that says "Bev Hev SSD" and go there then ding the photos from the chassis where I took a picture of the damper rod and all the bits in the right order.
Awesome! That picture helps immensely. Odd that yours were installed in a dissimilar fashion, as was mine, but mine was way worse. That little spring was way down in the bottom of the sliding part of the fork just dropped in!

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”