35mm ceriani damper rod

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
darren nix
Diana

35mm ceriani damper rod

Post by darren nix »

in regards to the damper rod and valves in 35mm ceriani forks, is there a replacement kit available to install or an aftermarket product that suits the fork leg, i need the damper rod and valve and spring for one fork leg as they are damaged but can only find information on 38mm forks and the upgrading of springs, has anyone altered their internals of their 35mm with an upgraded system by changing the damper rod and components and what did you use, it is in regards to a 450 for use on the street
vargas1
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Ceriani dampers

Post by vargas1 »

Darren, just came across your post. Maxton Suspension in England converted my 35 mm Cerianis to modern, adjustable cartridge damping. They can do any forks and they are very good but quite expensive. If you want more details, let me know.
Jon
Diana

Post by Jon »

Hi Darren, if you want to go with cartridge emulators (as per Vargas1 post) try Steve Wood of Suspension Improvements in Slacks Creek.

That i swhere I got the parts for mine (in my S2 tidy up thread in Bevel pictures), he will also do the whole job for you if you want.

My S2 is not on the road yet but have put cartirdge emulators in a few different bikes and always been happy with the results.

regards
jon
1983 900 S2
1983 Mk III Le Mans
1992 Honda VFR400r
1976 CB550f
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

thanks vargas and jon, i had to bite the bullet a few weeks ago and send the good one to a machine shop to get a copy made, pretty pricey but i need it to keep the new project going, thanks for your thoughts especially the brisy source jon

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”