Rebuilding marzocchi Shock

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Eric B
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Eric B »

Hello, I'm doing same thing. Where did you find the eyelet rubber? The shaft I measured is 9 mm.
I'm looking also for a complete seal kit...
Regards
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Post by Aussiess »

Eric B,
Ive just rebuilt my 9mm shaft marzochis, got the seals /main body 'nut" from Mdina in england and the rubber eyelets I got from IKON in NSW (phone 0260409955) 81 Boronia St, Albury NSW 2640 Australia, if you call them the units they sell for their shocks you can push in using your vice simply enough.you have to advise the internal mount bolt size and also the OD and width of your bush
Pushing out your old ones though you may need to see an engineering shop with a press (you may have the gear I dont know).

hope that helps a little

Regards
grant
Regards,
Grant
79 900SS , 82 MHR and 78 NCR Replica
Eric B
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Eric B »

Thanks a lot !
andy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by andy »

Hi Eric I got the eyelet rubbers from www.yss-australia.com in Adelaide but there are a few in Aust.$40 for the set they manufacture the yss shockers and have a assortment of rubbers and sleeves the rubber is a tight fit so you need to use dish liquid push a bit of the rubber in by hand then I put a 3/8 drive extension bar in my drill press and used it as a press and worked it the rest of the way nice and easy.The main seals came from CBC Bearings.$5 "how cheap is that".Hope this helps.
AUSDUCATI
75 900ss

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”