Australian compliance plate positioning

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Australian compliance plate positioning

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

'
I know most Bevels had there compliance plate positioned on the right down pipe of the frame.

If you were doing a restoration with plate in hand & looked everywhere and could not find anywhere on the frame where the holes for the rivets were , where would you re-mount it ?

Cheers
Jon
Diana

Post by Jon »

Like you say most of them are part way down the right front frame rail.

Not sure if it was a "standard position" but would think they would all be the same.

regards
jon
1983 900 S2
1983 Mk III Le Mans
1992 Honda VFR400r
1976 CB550f
kracka
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by kracka »

hi Martin,

Mines at the top of steering stem,when you look at bike from front on,its right underneath top triple clamp(on stem) hope this makes sense?.
KRACKA.
DesmoKid
Mariana

Post by DesmoKid »

Mine are also all located under the top plate of the triple clamp. The bikes are all 78/79 models and unrestored. Maybe the postion changed from the right down strut to under the top plate in 78? Nice point you have raised Martin!
Are you talkin' to me?
wa_pete
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by wa_pete »

900SS, mine is on head stem as described above, compliance build date 12/77.

pete
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Post by abmartin »

The compliance plate on my bike is a type of foil and would have been glued on, not rivetted. Are Australian bikes different?

Could someone post a photo of the mounted compliance plate? Mine has been relocated to the rear mudguard and I should return it to its proper place.

Thanks,

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Bugger about some saying that its on the down tube and other are saying it should be on the steering head stock , I might have to do some more research on the subject

Bruce , the US had both hard plates and sticker type and most are fitted to the steering head stock , I'm having mine remade [ sorry cant say where or by whom] ;)
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

compliance plate

Post by Lumpy »

Rough I know but mines on my bench in the shed, Itook it off to get the frame powder coated and the RTA guy did`nt seem to care it was mounted in my pocket when I went down to rego it. Mind you he was full of "hey nice bike mate" and just seemed glad to see it on the road. You just got to find an inspector with soul brother.........................
Long story short theGTS had it on the head stock, the SS on the frame down tube
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

unrestored 1976 ss in 1978-compliance plate visible on down tube just below fairing--question answered i would think
so much time--so little to say
kracka
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

plate

Post by kracka »

Hi Martin,

Just rechecked the size of my comp plate.

Its way way bigger then what shows in steves pic,so obviously if its small like in the pic its meant for downtube.

Steering head plate is at least 40mm wide and 70-80 mm long.Hope this helps ya out.

KRACKA
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Thanks Guys

I will mount it where I have seen all the others one the right down tube, might make it a little higher than Steve's SS , why spoil a good looking frame :lol:
Aussiess
Parallel Twin

Post by Aussiess »

Martin,
My 82 MHR is mounted RHS frame rail similar to Steves Photo, My 12/79 SSD is on the headstock and is also a larger /squarer plate than that on the MHR.
79 SS an English import and no plate fitted.
NCR replica frame I mounted under the seat on an Alum plate, when I had rego check I was asked where it was and was told it needed to be "visible without removing any bodywork"- go figure that one on an MHR with the fairing fitted!

Anyway, hope that helps along with other feedback.
PM me please about your "new plate" we may have a similar friend.
Regards,
Grant
79 900SS , 82 MHR and 78 NCR Replica

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”