Steering Lock Key 750S

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Steering Lock Key 750S

Post by Gum »

Any advice on getting key for my 73 Sport Head Stem Steering Lock. Does it have a number, can I get it out and get a key cut ???. What is the go, thanks Gum.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Steve has them in the shopping area under 'Chassis & Suspension.' You can get them with the oval or round cover. You can also get Neiman kits with round keys.

Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Tar

Post by Gum »

Thanks,I knew there would be a trick. Gum
Jon
Diana

Post by Jon »

A locksmith should be able to cut a key for your lock, you will need to get the bike to them though, i have had several cut for fuel caps, ignitions ect.

regards
jon
1983 900 S2
1983 Mk III Le Mans
1992 Honda VFR400r
1976 CB550f
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Gum, you will need to have a key made in order to pull out the old cylinder. You may also need to remove the cover, I do not remember for sure. If its a matter of preserving the originality you could have some NOS keys matched to your old cylinder when it is out. Of course you will have to buy a kit to get the keys anyway. Will probably cost as much for the locksmith as the new NOS kit costs. Anyway...I drilled out the cylinder in mine no problem and fitted the NOS kit which is really slick 8) esp. if you appreciate the small details. Here is a pic of the round keys Image

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”