Moving calipers to rear of forks on 900SS

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
gorman
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Moving calipers to rear of forks on 900SS

Post by gorman »

I was sitting and checking my '82 900SS's specs to Ian Falloon's restoration guide yesterday when I noticed a picture of an S2 with the calipers behind the forks. Knowing that the 82 900SS shared the same forks as the S2, I had a closer look and seems that if one swap around the left and right forks, one will end up with the calipers sitting behind the forks. Has anybody done this before? This looks a bit nicer to me, while one can always just swop it back if originality is desired. Is it as easy as that?
'97 900SS
'82 900SS
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

yes.

swap forks left to right, right to left. Re install EVERYTHING exactly as you removed it. You will have to remove the rigid brake line that goes from caliper to hose, and install new stainless steel lines only.

Lucky for you I have what you need in stock, get the brakelines that are for "splitter to caliper"

http://www.shop.bevelheaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=564
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Charlie withanS
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Charlie withanS »

Another item to consider, the rear mount calipers have a single bleeder near the brakepipe and the Brembo script is rotated in the casting to remain level.
This does not mean you can not just remount the existing calipers buy there are specific ones for rear mounted apps.
Cheers Charlie
If it ain't broke, Modify it.
1974 750 Sport and a dozen other less intriguing bikes.
www.ffmsd.com

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”