Rack for a darmah

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
garryc
Parallel Twin

Rack for a darmah

Post by garryc »

I was hoping someone has a recommendation for a rack to fit a darmah (I have a gearsack bag) and suggestions for mounting of same. I am not phased by being non original.
thanks
garry
Rick F
Mach 3

Racks

Post by Rick F »

Hi gary,

I am hoping to find something as well to fit to my 750 Gt.

I used to have one but it got destroyed when I put it down the road in a big way in 1989

I know they were made......I had a mate with a Drama years ago that had one fitted.

If anyone else looks at this from Oz, where can they be found?

Rick
garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc »

I had one on my Pantah which was a universal gearsack rack that mates in the workshop made brackets to fit and it worked really well and if no one has any brilliant suggestions I will probably go down the same track
Rick F
Mach 3

racks

Post by Rick F »

Hi again Garry,

I have a mate that does stainless, & I was going to get something done there (I hope)

I was not necessarily after a gearsack type thing....I dont really intend on too much long distance stuff....I mainly ride on a sunday arvo.....but the rack suddenly gives me an excuse to go & get the milk & bread :lol:
if you know what I mean

The early GT's had anice chrome rack that mounted on the shockie & pillion peg mounts, actually didn't look to bad, sort of suited the lines of the bike

anyway, good luck

Rick
garryc
Parallel Twin

Post by garryc »

G'Day Rick,
As well as sneaking off on Sunday mornings I am hoping for an annual pilgramage to Phillip Island with the camping gear. I have seen stainless rack on a darmah I think in bevelheaven photos section.
cheers
garry
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Rack for a darmah

Post by Craig in France »

garryc wrote:I was hoping someone has a recommendation for a rack to fit a darmah ...
Hi Garry,

Here in Europe, Hepco & Becker do/did a rack for mounting their Junior range of hard cases. Don't know if they're still available as a listed item, tho' - I got mine off a shop in Germany clearing stock a couple of years back.

Go http://www.hepco-becker.de/_eng/frameset.php
I see they have a couple of distributers in Oz.

HTH

Craig in UK/France
idb
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by idb »

I've been looking for a rack for years, including on this forum, but no luck.
I'm getting a guy to make me up a seat unit and I thought I'd design a rack to bolt onto that.
Mine's a whale tail Darmah so I thought a 'toaster' type rack might look quite good.

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”