860 gts conversion to 900ss replica

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Karl
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

860 gts conversion to 900ss replica

Post by Karl »

I am the proud new owner of a 860 gts and I'm seriously considering trying to make it into 900ss replica. It has a desmo big port engine already ( I assume from an SS ). Has anyone done this before, or would anyone know what's required. I don't have much experience with Dukes so I'm starting from scratch really. Is the frame the same or similar or not even close? The gts has twin disc's on the front, is this the same set up as an SS or is the front end completely different? Obviously the rear wheel and brake set up is different but is the swing arm the same?
I'd be very grateful for any information or encouragement or even discouragement if it's a stupid idea.

Thanks

Karl Jensen
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

Karl i have a picture of my 76 gts done as an ss in the gallery section, have a look, and if you see anything you need an answer too, i will gladly try and help, just allow some time things are hectic at the moment
Karl
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Karl »

Thanks Darren, I'm very grateful.
Unfortunately I'm also a goose on computers and can't seem to find the pictures. Are you able to direct me to them?
Thanks for your time mate, can't wait to see it.

Karl
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

karl i sent you a personal email with my email address, and i will get the wife to forward pics, is it just my computer or is anyone else not able to see any of the pics in the gallery section
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

I can see the photos in the gallery but I have no idea which bike is yours...
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

craig, i don,t know if it,s just my computer or what but where the photo is supposed to be is just a little box with a red cross in it , i am getting this across the whole gallery section so i assume it,s my computer, but it comes under the 860 and mhr heading.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

darrin, time to do a disk cleanup and defrag on your system. The gallery photos all show on my computor, my wifes, at my shop, at a friends place I called....
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

will do, thankyou for your reply

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”