Scary Scarabs

Post your 'Chassis & Suspension' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
in-two
Diana

Scary Scarabs

Post by in-two »

Anybody know what the thread form is for the Scarab MC banjo fitting? It's the small one (7.5 mm diameter, possibly BSP) underneath. I'm trying to find a suitable banjo bolt, preferably double length but none of the usual suspects has one, so I might have to get one made. I do have one that fits but it looks home made, just a bolt bored and cross drilled, badly. While I'm at it, the bigger thread at the end where the stoplight switch screws in is also giving me trouble, I'm sure it's the standard 3/8 x 24 UNF, but the stop switch doesn't want to start on the thread, so confirmation that this is the correct thread would also help, before I start getting violent with it...
Just to explain this madness, I've just got around to building the many boxes of bits that were once, and will be again, a '74 750ss greenframe.
An ex -racer, it came with front 3 rib Lockheed calipers, which I will use, but the Lockheed MC is badly damaged. I also got an unused Scarab MC in the pile of bits . I will eventually re-furb the Lockheed MC, but the Scarab should do for now, I've also got the Scarab calipers but will save them for when I give up riding or when I can find some seals/alloy pistons.
Cheers
Zed
'75 900 SS
"don't get behind on your cheating, but don't get ahead either" Cook Nielson, California Hotrod
Macdesmo
750 GT

Re: Scary Scarabs

Post by Macdesmo »

I have just noticed this. I believe I may have a correct bolt left over from the replica that I have advertised on this site. It will take me a day or so to get to find it. Cheers
Ian
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Re: Scary Scarabs

Post by BevHevSteve »

M8 x 1.0 for the master cylinder banjo bolt, everything else M10 (splitter, caliper)

I just got some in along with other Scarab bits, everything via link below.

https://store.bevelheaven.com/Scarab-Parts/
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Chassis & Suspension Shop”