parts desmo 500 sport

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
desmo500
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

parts desmo 500 sport

Post by desmo500 »

Hi everybody, i'm cleaning up an ducati desmo 500 sport from 1975, but i can't find the rubbers between the carbu and the inlet:cry:. Does anyone know where i can find this piece? Or wich recent motorcycle has the same carbu and inlet?

Greetz Desmo
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

rubbers

Post by BevHevSteve »

Hi, as you might know, the rubber sleeve is stepped down between the the carb side and the intake manifold side. I have not been able to find any of these. However, I do have the rubber sleeves that are correct for the PHF carbies you have, and have been able to use them after making a sleeve using some aluminum strap wrapped around the intake manifold of the correct thickness to take up the space. If you want to try these I have them posted in my shop - they come with new stainless steel clamps also. www.Shop.BevelHeaven.com
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
desmo500
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by desmo500 »

The only one i find is the "Rubber Manifold & Clamps
dell-man/clmps" but is this for a dellorto carb or for an original ducati sd 500 carb? greetz
Den
Mach 3

Post by Den »

I'm using a piece of thick rubber hose that is tight on the manifold end and REAL TIGHT on the carb. I'm using a thinner actual piece of radiator hose to go on the rear of the carb to the airbox.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

desmo500 wrote:The only one i find is the "Rubber Manifold & Clamps
dell-man/clmps" but is this for a dellorto carb or for an original ducati sd 500 carb? greetz
your bike has dellorto carbs. The intake manifold on yoru bike is slightly smaller OD than the OD of the dell carb, so the original sleeve is stepped. SInce the original stepped version is not available, you can get the ones I mentioned, and make a sleeve for your intake manifold so they can be tight fitting.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Den
Mach 3

Post by Den »

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”