accelerator pump adjustment

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
unclewilly
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

accelerator pump adjustment

Post by unclewilly »

I have just reconditioned both carbs on my GT750. Unfortunately I unscrewed the adjustment bolt to the accelerator pump to change the O ring and then realised these are factory set!! Fortunately due to the change in colour on the bolts I could re screw them in.....question is:
1. How accurate do they have to be?
2. What happens if the settings are out?
3. Can you reset them and if so how?

A silly little mistake which could cause a big headache I fear?

Keith
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

carbies

Post by BevHevSteve »

5cc of gas for each 20 pulls of the throttle

To save time, adjust the adjuster screw so it sticks out on the inside of the housing 2mm then test and adjust from there.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
unclewilly
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

pump diaphram

Post by unclewilly »

Been messing about with the 5cc per 20 pumps this weekend? Patience has been needed. Seems all over the place...one session 4cc the next 6cc?? I've had another look at the diaphrams inside the pumps. Should they be tight or fairly baggy?? The are not torn and other than being fairly baggy looking, look okay.
I have resealed all the carb o rings and gaskets but no diaphram came with the seal kit...... Its worthy of note that the carbs had been left "dry" for 8 to 10 years.
Been using a header pipe to keep the carbs topped up with fuel.
Anyone got any clues or tips please??
K
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

pumps

Post by BevHevSteve »

The pumps are most likely harder than they need to be/should be after sitting for so long. The red rubber part should be very soft, like a surgical glove, to work the best., I would guess that replacement is the answer.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
unclewilly
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by unclewilly »

Steve, Thank you for your "pearls of wisdom". Once again you are spot on. I have now fitted new diaphragms, and at the cost I would recommend anyone reconditioning carbs to just replace them...saving hours of trying to adjust the pumps, then finding the rubber has hardened. Cheers Keith

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”