phf36 air bleed

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
david77
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

phf36 air bleed

Post by david77 »

Hi
can anyone tell me what diameter the "calibrated passage" should be on a 36phf? It is the small hole air feed that runs from the near the air filter to supply the mixture screw and idle / transition circuit with air. there is a restriction towards the middle of the carb body - what diameter should it be? It is drilled into the actual carburetor body at the factory. I hope i have explained ok? In my dellorto tuning guide it is figure 18 - number 1). My intermediate circuit is running rich and i suspect this may be corroded / restricted. It is running on a 500 pantah, but i guess all carbs of this type would have the same specifications. Where might i find out I wonder?

Thanks for any help you might offer
David :?:
Vince
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Re: phf36 air bleed

Post by Vince »

A mate in the Sydney Laverda Club even after Ultrasonic cleaning has found it helps to gentle run a number drill by hand through these drillings.He uses a small 3 jar hand chuck to do this.He did it on my 600 Pantah and it helped clear the crap.Take care to not remove any metal.Dont know what size he uses,take the carb when you buy the bit and try it.Dont brake the bit,that would be bad.
david77
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: phf36 air bleed

Post by david77 »

Thanks Vince,
it is the drill size that I am specifically after. I doubt if i will use anything as brittle as a drill bit though. Any help out there?

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”