Change jets for cone filters?

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Change jets for cone filters?

Post by bobnorton »

My GTS has 32 mm carbs and the last owner fitted cones, will the settings need changing?.
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: Change jets for cone filters?

Post by Craig in France »

(If I understand you right ...)

You're changing back from cone filters to standard airboxes, Bob? In that case, all I'd do is check what you've got fitted now against what the factory spec was and make any necessary changes.

'Cos we don't know what the DPO might or might not have altered ...

Ciao

Craig
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Hi Craig, Errr, no, as i am an old pensioner i change nothing unless essential, I just try to make things work well, and work with what i have.I won't be fitting the old boxes as i am trying to reduce weight, I'm just going through the bike (non runner) after it has had an incompleted rebuild by the DPO. I hope to finish up with a sit up tourer in black and stainless. Sort of black Vincent Rapide.As the bike does not ride everything is suspect although its had lots spent but mistakes a plenty.
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

Ah, got you :) .

Ok, so your question is: "What jets do I need for a GTS fitted with cones?"

Dunno! Depending on how much air they flow, you might have to up the mains a little. I guess the answer might depend on whose cones they are ... For example, I see Steve sells these, but he doesn't say anything about needing to change any jets - might be worth asking him.

https://store.bevelheaven.com/carb-fuel ... oose-from/
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

I'd check what you have as you are going to go through the carbs anyway right? The bikes were jetted on the rich side from the factory and they all ran better with the stock filters removed so check what you have against the listed standard jetting. Usually the pilots were 55-60 and mains 118-125 range depending on the exhaust fitted.Unless you are are really going to hammer it the std. jetting should suffice.
I was in Bromley a few years ago visiting my sister in law and her family and I didn't really see too many places around where you could get away with too much misbehavior,so you should be ok if the jetting is close.
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Yup, those cone filters from Steve are the same, the front one fouls the tank so i may have to pack the tank up or fit an elbow . Got the brakes sorted today.

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”