runing hot

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
wilis
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

runing hot

Post by wilis »

Hi.hopefully someone can help,860gt,after reassembling top end the front cylinder is running a lot hotter than rear.would i be rite in thinking this is carby problem.thanks GW
Craig in France
Paso 906

Re: runing hot

Post by Craig in France »

wilis wrote:Hi.hopefully someone can help,860gt,after reassembling top end the front cylinder is running a lot hotter than rear.would i be rite in thinking this is carby problem.thanks GW
Well, it might be, GW - certainly the fuel supply is normally a good place to start when looking for the origin of over-heating. Have you tried switching the carbs and seeing if the overheating goes with the carb, or stays with the rear cylinder?

Otherwise:
1. I'm guessing it's over-heating on tick-over - ? (Which begs the question, do you a tick-over?). Have you checked for an air leak, especially around the inlet manifold? Did you replace the carb insulator? And did you clean the carb, i.e. do you know the idle circuitry is clear and working properly?

2. Remember the old adage: it's probably the thing you last fiddled with ;) . So, was the rear running hot before you re-assembled it? In fact, why did you re-assemble it?

3. And what ignition system are you running?

Ciao

Craig
wilis
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by wilis »

thanks graig, problem was broken wire to coil.gw
Craig in France
Paso 906

Post by Craig in France »

wilis wrote:... problem was broken wire to coil
Thanks for the feedback, GW. So, a broken coil wire was causing over-heating? Can someone explain this to me, please?

TIA.

Craig
wilis
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by wilis »

was underheating if thats a word.the hot cylinder was ok.was one of the wires from stater that was partly cut.

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”