350 racer

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Kyle602
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

350 racer

Post by Kyle602 »

I'm looking for info as to which carb would be best for my 350 motored racebike.
I believe it has a HC piston, but stock otherwise.
I posted in another section of the forum, here's the link (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4050 ).
Sounds like the PHBH may be an economical choice, just wanted to get opinions as to what size, jetting, and anything else that may come into play (intake boot/adapter etc..
Can't wait to fire this thing off!
I hope to race it a couple of times, and then probably retire it to my den just to look at and enjoy!!
Thanks,KK
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Re: 350 racer

Post by wdietz186 »

The carb pictured looks like a 34mm or so which is about right for a 350ish racer. The Mic is a good carb and has the advantage of having of having a wide range of tuning parts available. The AHRMA website might be a good place to inquire about jetting and such as there are lots of them raced in that orginization.
welshmally
Diana

Post by welshmally »

Don't just look at it - ride it!! Beautiful they are, but made for the road, not your living room!
Kyle602
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Kyle602 »

welshmally wrote:Don't just look at it - ride it!! Beautiful they are, but made for the road, not your living room!
True, if time/funds would allow I'd do just that.
However lately it's been about all I can do to keep my other race bikes going, as well as a couple of street bikes.
I would like to finish getting it sorted, and put it on the track a couple of times here before too long.
KK
Kyle602
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Kyle602 »

wdietz186 wrote:The carb pictured looks like a 34mm or so which is about right for a 350ish racer. The Mic is a good carb and has the advantage of having of having a wide range of tuning parts available. The AHRMA website might be a good place to inquire about jetting and such as there are lots of them raced in that orginization.
Thanks, haven't been to the AHRMA site in a while, didn't know they had a forum. I'll have to check it out, I was at an AHRMA event earlier this year, but didn't get a chance to pick anyones brain while I was there.
welshmally
Diana

Post by welshmally »

"True, if time/funds would allow I'd do just that."

.....know that feeling well! Money-gobbling demons, aren't they!

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”