clogged Jets??

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
toobadt
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

clogged Jets??

Post by toobadt »

Hello all, Anybody have a reccomendation for clearing mildly clogged carb jets// My 750 gt with 30 mm Delorttos has taken to clogging during the winter lay up. I had them rebuilt 2 yrs ago but this last winter layup has apparently led to some gumming up of the works again. The bike runs rough and the blue flames are pretty coming out of the Contis but she's a bear and not very happy..Thanks
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Re: clogged Jets??

Post by wdietz186 »

You will need to remove the float bowls,remove the jets and clean them with aerosol carb cleaner.Then squirt through the hole[s] the jets were in. Follow that with compressed air to make sure things are clean. If they are really clogged you may need to remove the mixture screws[turn them in until they seat,count the turns before you unscrew them] and clean with carb cleaner and air. If that doesn't do it they will need to be removed and soaked.
And next time you put it up for winter remember to drain the float bowls.
misassa
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by misassa »

Hello, had just the same problem (nice flames...) and solved it after talking to a friend of mine whos into old Harleys.
Take away the air filter if you have one, i dont just the love sound without:) and just hold your hand against the airinlet so the carb cant breathe.
The vacuum, quite powerful, sucked my carb clean. Runs really smooth now.
Greetings
toobadt
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by toobadt »

Thanks guys, I'll definetly try thr suck route before the bj...

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”