Problem Flooding Front Carb

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
abmartin
SD900 Darmah

Problem Flooding Front Carb

Post by abmartin »

I have always had problems flooding the front carb on my SS. For some reason I sometimes can't get fuel to come out of the tickler plunger or to even see fuel moving through the line from the tank. I've played around with float levels and carb alignment but no joy. The rear carb floods normally and the bike starts well so it hasn't been a big issue but it still puzzles me.

Any suggestions?

Bruce
1979 900SS
Fredericton, NB
Canada
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

The tickler on my rear [ha ha ha ha] doesn't work sometimes unless I turn it a bit before I press it down. Must be a ridge or a tweaked plunger rod stopping it from going down all the way. It could be from vibration or a flaw in the casting.Haven't bothered to look either.
AndyCapp
Mariana

Post by AndyCapp »

I have to have my float height less (higher) than standard to get my front carb to flood - I guess there is lots of variation in build tolerances ....
welshmally
Diana

Re: Problem Flooding Front Carb

Post by welshmally »

abmartin wrote:I have always had problems flooding the front carb on my SS. For some reason I sometimes can't get fuel to come out of the tickler plunger or to even see fuel moving through the line from the tank. I've played around with float levels and carb alignment but no joy. The rear carb floods normally and the bike starts well so it hasn't been a big issue but it still puzzles me.

Any suggestions?

Bruce
I get the same problem on the rear cylinder - the only irritation is a few seconds of popping and banging when it first fires up (usually first or second kick) - if that the only niggle I'm happy to live with it! :)

It also is an early warning for the locals that they are about to view the worlds most elegant motorcycle, and they can then pay homage :lol:

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”