860GT choke cables

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
bazzis15942
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

860GT choke cables

Post by bazzis15942 »

could someone please tell me how you remove choke cable from carbs' I need to replace all bowden cables from lever on handlebars to carbs, also can you tell me where you can buy a splitter, many thanks
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

choke cables

Post by Lumpy »

If they are like GTS carbs just undo the single screw at the top of the retainer on the carbs and pull the plunger assembly out. Then push the plunger up against the spring and the cable nipple will pop out the side of the plunger and the cable will pull through the retainer. Make sure the rubber bit at the end of the plunger is in good nic or the plunger should be replaced which I`m sure Steve on this site will stock. When re-fitting it`s very important to make sure there is a bit of clearance (end float) on the cable so you are sure the plunger is sitting fully home in the seat or your choke will remain on.
If your changing your throttle cables I would advise ditching the splitter arrangment and going with a nice twin pull throttle set up. Much simpler and more reliable. Considering the lost of power and poor running that comes from unbalanced carbs it`s a worth while investment. There is a blurb at the top of the carb section on here from memory on getting your carbs balanced. Take your time and follow it to the letter and she`ll be running strong on both pots rather than using one as a compressor.
bazzis15942
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by bazzis15942 »

thanks for that , will remove cables and try to get them renewed...

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”