Amal carb

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
raptor
Mariana

Amal carb

Post by raptor »

:( MY 350 DUCATI 66ISH ) is fitted with an Amal concentric ,does any one know the appropriiate jets etc ,it has a sports air filter and the engine has a grn/white cam , mille gratzie ( so I am informed )Raptor
GT Pete
Diana

Post by GT Pete »

My Mototrans 350 has an Amal 930 fitted as stock. My owners booklet lists the jets as follows:

Atomizer 106 I think this is the needle jet
Diffuser 27
Main jet 250
Idling jet 25 I think this is the pilot jet

You can go here to find out everything you wanted to know about Amal carbs. http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthrea ... #Post42112 The Spanish Amal carbs are slightly different from the British made ones. For example, the float gasket is different because there is a jet that sits in the rim. I think sometimes they are referred to as MK1.5 carbs.

Pete
raptor
Mariana

amal carbs

Post by raptor »

:-D Good morning Pete ,I thank you for your informative reply .I am going to our monthly auto jumble tomorrow at Rufforth Nr York and I maybe able to rectify my problem . I fitted the new plug BH6S +fettled the old points ( I bought new points but they looked so naff I decided to clean up the old ones ). I then had a good spark at plug/points so with both taps open I `eventually`flooded the carb and with great antissipation I tryed to kick the bike into life . Oh No not a cough ,so I locked the shed and went for tea ( as zebadee would say . Your e-mail today has given me a jolt so I am going to try again . Mille Grazie Raptor
GT Pete
Diana

Post by GT Pete »

Glad I could help. If it ever stops snowing, I will pull the carb for a little maintenance. I will double check the jets and slide number then.

Pete
raptor
Mariana

Post by raptor »

:-D Here we are again , with renewed vigour and a cup of tea I dissapeared into the shed ( small garage ) much to the wifes chagrin so I closed the door to the outside world and set to work . I noticed the carb was not flooding easily so bighting the bullet I decided to start from scratch ,with the carb in my hand I successully took it to pieces , then reassembled meticulously,and made sure the neele lifted and seated before putting back on the engine .I checked the fuel flow ,which I think is low but it did flow , ( new lines req ) flood carb ,prime engine ,ign on ,kick , and kick again ,LIFE the bugger fired up , :-D .Iset of down the back street ,but not being familiar with a valve lifter ,when Ipulled in the clutch to change up I innadvertantly pulled in the valve lifter thereby stalling the engine , (learning curve ).The engine ran okay but I kept stalling when letting out the clutch fully ( what is the gear pattern 1 down 4 up ) but progress never the less , a new carb body I think at Rufforth tomorrow . bye Raptor . How do I send pictures ?
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

posting photo instructions in the top of the photo gallery here
http://www.bevelheaven.com/~BB/phpBB2/v ... c.php?t=16
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”