Dellorto SS1 27A Carb problem

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
cmborn
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Dellorto SS1 27A Carb problem

Post by cmborn »

Looking for some help with the above mentioned carb. Using the float tickler, I fill the bowl till it starts overflowing and can kick the 200GT right over. It runs fine for a few minutes then dies. It will not restart unless I re-flood the float chamber. I take the top off the float and the bowl is dry. I am getting good flow from both sides of the tank from the petcocks. I get good flow from the gas lines through the banjo to the top of the float (with the top removed from the float body the gas just pours out). So somehow the float itself must not be letting the chamber fill with enough fuel. The float ball (cylinder) has a pin through the center of it. The pin itself has an indent for the clip but does not appear to be adjustable. When setting the pin in the float ball do you not clip the indent or can you move the pin down to allow more fuel into the chamber? Do you know the measurement from the pin top to the top of the float ball? If you set it at the indent it is 1 and 1/8th of an inch. Thanks Chris

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/slide ... =snapfish/
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

Check that the float is free to drop down to allow the fuel to flow , do the test with the chamber off the carb, also swing the chamber to its highest position and rotate the whole carb on the clip to bring the chamber to its highest position ,although it should be plumb with the bike.If the stand is bent and the bike lolls to the kickstart side this can be a problem.
cmborn
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

SS1-27A Carb problem

Post by cmborn »

I have added some more pictures to the album. I assume what you are saying is the the float chamber has to be perfectly vertical when the bike is off the stand? If it leans left or right, to twist at the manifold to correct so that the float lines up correctly to the vertical plane of the bike..likewise when the bike of off the stand that there should be no tilt, front or rear???

The float bowl moves nice and easily inside the chamber.

Chris
http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumb ... =snapfish/
bobnorton
860 GT / GTS

Post by bobnorton »

I would position the float to its highest possible position and see if the carb floods, it should!. reduce the level to just stop flooding and see how it runs.Low fuel level stopped my 250 from revving.

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”