UB 24BS Float question.

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
Macdesmo
750 GT

UB 24BS Float question.

Post by Macdesmo »

I want to replace a damaged tickler from the side bowl on a UB 24BS carb. The assembly is held in place by a copper wire that is used to keep the tickler from being lifted out. I can't remove this clip from it's locating groove due to it being so small. Has anyone done this and if so how?
Ian
wdietz186
Cagiva Alazzura

Post by wdietz186 »

Ian, I'm pretty sure it is just bent around the tickler.I've just spent a few days messing with my friends MV 175 and the carb is much the same. I think if you get a pair of picks and spread the wire or get under it and bend and spread it it will come right off. Being copper it shouldn't be too hard to bend. Just be careful,sharp little points always seem to wind up in fingertips or under your nails!
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

Wdietz,
Thanks for the advice. I have to be careful since these carbs aren't made of the best metal. One of the banjo nuts was being taken off and part of the float chamber cap broke with it. It took quite a while to get another.
Ian

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”