new phm40's on an ss

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

new phm40's on an ss

Post by nottonight68 »

i have stripped my carbs----slides and bores worn and scored(lack of air filters).i am tossing up whether to replace them--anyone done this--what are replacements like;how do they run,
do they come correctly jetted for the ss--what price for a pair.
i have looked at prices of rebuild kits-and cleaning--its quite expensive to bring these back to new condition

steve
so much time--so little to say
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

40`s

Post by Lumpy »

Phil at R & R does a build up re-sleeving type thing with the slides I beleive, or could be just the slides. Not sure now. have`nt tried it or heard reports. Really need to look at this issue myself as the slides are a little sloppy in the bodies. A little too sloppy for 20,000 k`s methinks, had those weird tapered pod type things that just stop birds and small children from going down there. Mind you she still runs like a train, I just swapped slides from one another cause the idle stop had a big dent in it and the idle screw had no effect. Alternatively it`s new carbs, very performance but not cost effective. In the perfect world.......................we`d all put fuel injectors on them anyhow..................damn this red wine......................
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

buy new ones steve...... You can transfer your aluminum top caps onto the new ones, and then transfer your main jet holder, float bowl and float bowl nut onto the new one as well. Then it will look ALMOST as original..
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”