interesting Brev. Orlandi fuel tap

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

interesting Brev. Orlandi fuel tap

Post by cafe*racer »

I got this tap with some other parts a while back and think it is the coolest thing with the built in filter. Would love to find a match for it. Anybody have one or know what it may be off? Jordan Image Image
Craig in France
Paso 906

Those fuel taps with plastic bowls

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Jordan,

I think Andy Nienhagen may have them ...

But be aware: the plastic bowls have/had a reputation for splitting, leaving you stranded by the roadside. Tony Brancato changes them as a matter of course, fed up with having to go collect people ...

Might never happen to you, of course :). There was a guy on the Motogiro this year with them on a '77 Darmah - and yes, he made it round!

Ciao

Craig
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Thanks Craig,

Couldn't find it pictured on Andy's site and I don't have a part number (if one even exists) to find it in the lists. We love Andy's site, and Andy has lots of our money...Andy also has lots more parts we want to buy :)) Jordan
Craig in France
Paso 906

Orlandi taps with plastic bowls

Hi Jordan,

A bit of detective work might enable you to find the original application and thereby a part number ...

(This is when you really need Ian Falloon, of course!)

Timewise, we're at the end of the 70s, but before the era of the oval style tap (you know the ones I mean). Now, I know the 79 SSDs came with the oval taps BUT with this plastic bowl; so probably 77, 78 ...

Maybe a 900SS or even a 350/500 Paralysed Twin?

Update;

Ah, found 'em! '77-78 Darmah, page 108 & 109 of Ian's Standard Catalog (sic). Square taps, plastic bowl! Thank you, Ian!

So a theoretical part number of 0801.83.080. I say 'theoretical' 'cos I bet the same part number was used for the later taps too.

Ciao

Craig
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

It appears to be holiday time in Deutschland, will follow up with Andy when he opens shop again. What is Ian's Standard Catalog? A ref. book that I do not have :shock: ?
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

I can confirm Craig's comments. My 1/78 Darmah came with those taps. I was reluctant to tighten them up too much as the plasic bowls get fragile with age, and consequently they were prone to leaking. I removed mine and kept them aside .
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Thanks for your input Machten. Would you have any interest in a set of bowls made of polycarbonate? I could probably turn out a couple sets pretty easy on the micro lathe. Was also thinking about casting some dual banjos for use with crossover on the earlier twins. Just another project to get into.
Craig in France
Paso 906

What is Ian's Standard Catalog?

cafe*racer wrote: What is Ian's Standard Catalog? A ref. book that I do not have :shock: ?
Would appear to be! "Amazing, but true" :)

Go http://tinyurl.com/59wfp8
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

Thanks Craig, I will have to get that one.
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Hi Jordan,

If you get around to knocking any up, I'd certainly be interested. I also like the look of those taps, and they polish up really well. Mine have been safely stashed away for about the last 8 years waiting to see the light of day again! As you say, one of those "jobs" on the long, long list of a bevel owner.

Kev

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”