That's why I didn't press my luck

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
motomerle
Mariana

That's why I didn't press my luck

Post by motomerle »

The carb bodies have been rinsed and dried. I'm going to go through the color book and make sure I've got all the passages cleared out as I didn't have a small nozzle for the compressed air yeaterday. I don't know what's in that stuff, but when hit by water, what rinses off is milky white. At least it let's you know when you've gotten all of it. It really took it off though. I should have taken a before picture of the inside of the float bowl.
Before
Just out of dip before rinsing and drying.
One I rinsed and blew it out, al the holes are the same silver color.
I've got the small parts soaking in the baskets and will be rinsing and blowing them out this afternoon. I don't know what if any damage it did to the sleeves. From what I could see of them, it looked like they were nylon? I guess I'll have to try and get them apart before I place my "after" order. I know for sure that I'll be getting new needle clips and intake manifold gaskets as I checked mine and they are quite checked when flexing them.

Just looking over all the small parts in the two baskets, I found that I'm either missing or have extra one bolt that I can't find on the exploded diagram. I also found that one of the seats for the idle adjustment had a fiber washer on the shoulder while the other had an O ring and a very thin brass washer squashing it.

May also need one of these
as one of them seems to be pittend and rusted at the end near the threads when I examined everything.

I also screwed up in dipping the pump adjuster housing without removing the adjuster and only realized that there was an O ring in it when checking the parts blowup for the mystery bolt. I didn't take the screw adjusting screw out because it still have the red paint on it and I didn't want to hazard a chance at messing with the adjustment. That should be one of the O rings in the gasket kit. I also have to get a set of dentists' picks as I think there are still a couple fiber washers that I can't get out in some of the seats.

All those DellOrto books together don't have the kind of instructiion re disassembly that I need(such as which notch of the needle the clip goes on) and for sure it's not in the Clymers manual :) What I should have done was picture each step of each carb with my digital camera but I was under a time frame before rain(outdoors is the best ventilation).
Last edited by motomerle on Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
motomerle
Mariana

Post by motomerle »

I meant to post this as a reply in the other thread about my PHF 30s. Not used to this forum format as the Net 54 ones have stringing threads where a reply can have it's own title. Apparently if you fill in the title of a reply here it becones its own thread.
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

pump adjust screw

Post by BevHevSteve »

The pump adjuster screws are factory set for each carb body. You should remove the pump body then measure the amount of that adjuster that sticks out on the INSIDE of the pump housing. If you are doing both carbs, remember to mark the pump housing so that you will know what body it belongs to [I scribe AS or AD on the inside so it doesn;t show]. Take the adjuster out, remove the oring and clean, then install the new oring and re install the adjuster so it sticks out the same amount. Viola!
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

adjusters on the pump housing

Post by BevHevSteve »

there isn't really an accurate way of getting the acc pump adjusters set without measuring the amount of fuel squirted per jet. It should be 5cc per jet per 20 strokes of the throttle. Yes they are factory set for each carb body.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”