verlicchi throttle assembly

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
garryc
Parallel Twin

verlicchi throttle assembly

Post by garryc »

I am looking at replacing a tomassella throttle with a verlicchi. Ian falloon tells me I may have to change the ramps to suit my 40mm carbs. I don't understand what that means. can anyone help?
thanks
garry
Craig in France
Paso 906

Reply to 'What's a ramp?'

Post by Craig in France »

Hi Gary,

The only use of 'ramp' that I can think of is the ramp on the air slides, i.e. the cut-away that determines when the accelerator pumps come into action ...

But why you might need to change these just 'cos of changing the twist grip escapes me. Are you sure Ian isn't talking of changing to 40mm carbs? Just a thought ...

Ciao

Craig
DesmoDog
750 GT

Post by DesmoDog »

He's probably referring to the surface in the throttle itself that the cables wrap around when the grip is turned. You can change the response of the throttle by changing the shape of that surface. A smaller radius means you have to move the throttle more for a given lift at the slides. Too big of a radius to start out with and the throttle could become hard to modulate at low settings.
Craig in France
Paso 906

What's a ramp?

Post by Craig in France »

DesmoDog wrote:He's probably referring to the surface in the throttle itself that the cables wrap around when the grip is turned.
Hi Craig,

Yeh, that's sounds more likely than my confused attempt at an explanation!

Ta!

'tother Craig

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”