Valve Additive for Unleaded Fuel

Post your 'Carburettor & Fuel System' FAQs, comments & questions regarding Ducati motorcycles here.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Rick
just thro a bit in every few tankfuls...is an old mechanics term I used to say that as well, what he meant by that was ,the bike will run on the std fuel but since there is no more lead in the fuel you have no upper cylinder lubrication and your valves run hotter etc etc end result burnt valves or worse, better to add some then none at all adding more will do no harm same goes to engine fuel de-carbonizers

I'll driving past your way in two weeks but no on the bike
I'm a Wisemans Ferry on the Hawksburry
Rick F
Mach 3

fuel additive

Post by Rick F »

Hi Martin,
the beautiful hawkesbury, fished it many a time....used to run the marina at Berowra Waters

Mate by all means, if you are passing drop by for a cuppa or a beer or something.
We are a little out of the way at Crystal Creek, but you could shoot up the back way into nerang if you are going further.

I have other problems with the bike now, I dont know whether you have seen my post re the cracked fork leg, but I am trying to sort that out so I can go for a ride.

Rick
Rick F
Mach 3

valve additive

Post by Rick F »

Hi Martin,
I just checked that post of mine re the forks, :oops:

Thanks for the advice. The treasurer is adjusting the budget as wee speak, to allow for a new pair of fork legs for her christmas pressy!
Rick
Peter Mille
750 SS Greenframe - the holy grail

Post by Peter Mille »

OK, two questions, two answers:
Can you add to much additive?-Yes.
Will the engine be destroyed when using unleaded fuel?- Maybe.
Last edited by Peter Mille on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

Rick I'll be flying through and yes will be heading for Nerang
be driving through with the tribe (Miss's and kids) :lol: so not not fun to be had along the way ...next time
Peter Mille

Post by Peter Mille »

@Martin Mille,
Unleaded fuel will NOT make the valve's run hotter. ( they run hot anyway)
No lead replacement additive will give upper cilinder lubrication.
What it will do is protect the valve and valve seats from the hammering action wich will cause the valve seat to retrack, if no lead or additive is in the fuel, and the seats are made of "soft" material (like our bevels...).
Upper cilinder lubrication is done by a completely different additive...
Greetings from a long time Dutch Mille owner :-D
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

high guys, i am running the prozone fuel conditioner available from repco in all three bevels on premium unleaded, all three are going great guns, the two twins didn,t need any adjustment to the running, but the single needed a little tweaking, you can see the difference in the colour of the header pipe and the exhaust in the way they are running, best bit of advice yet i,ve been given in regards to fuel additives for my bikes
Peter Mille

Post by Peter Mille »

I'm sorry, but what is a fuel conditioner..??
darren nix
Diana

Post by darren nix »

high peter, prozone is a product that is added to the fuel tank and has benefits of improving the combustion process of the fuel in older vehicles as we no longer have fuel containing lead here in oz, www. prozone.com.au is it,s website, at the moment it,s working for my bevels without fouling plugs and sludging up my carbies, so i,m pretty happy. i don,t know of it,s origin or if it,s available overseas yet but maybe there web site will provide more info for you, regards darren
Peter Mille

Post by Peter Mille »

Darren,
The product you described is banned from the UK market, because of it's non working habbits....!! :evil:
They seem to have found a new market down under... :cry:

http://www.fuelsaving.info/catalists.htm

Just use a well known brand, premium (unleaded) fuel, with the highest octane number available, use a good lead replacement additive, and you're done!

Return to “Carburettor & Fuel System Shop”