Bay Area Bevel Brawl [march 18, 2004]

Post upcoming moto events, shows and news articles here.
hulagun
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Bay Area Bevel Brawl [march 18, 2004]

Post by hulagun »

Bay Area Bevel Brawl
unofficial unauthorized uninsured

and 100% excuse free

10 AM Sunday March 18 2004

UPDATE It's lookin' like rain today (7:30 AM) but maybe it'll hold off until after 2. I'll be at Farley's at 10 for coffee, and leave for Alice's around 10:30. If you are meeting us at Alice's, we'll assemble across the road at the larger parking lot. At 12 noon we'll head towards the coast, unless rain changes the plan. See you there!

Itinerary? see above.
- come early
- meet at Farleys Coffee in Potrero Hill at 10 AM
- Leave pretty quick and ride to Alice's in Skylonda
- Lunch or whatever, eat fast.
- Leave at 12 noon sharp for the coast (HWY 1) via Pescadero.
- Head home from there.

No you can't bring your Yamaha but you can bring your Moto Melee weapon.
ivan thelin
san francisco
1954 MV Agusta 175 Sport
1967 Motobi 125 Sport
1975 Ducati 750 GT
1978 Ducati 900 SS
hulagun
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

A great time was had by the two of us

Post by hulagun »

Despite the light threat of rain, I was at Farley's at 10 AM in case anyone showed up to spite the rain. I just wore my Aerostich and threw on a fleece... what's a little water? John Burkhard and Paul Zell called to say they couldn't make it, and I got a message from Keith Hale and Ken Ward both saying they might show at Alice's. No one else showed, so after coffee, I rode on down to Alice's alone. Grey skies meant cool temperatures and a lot less traffic than normal for a Sunday morning. The pavement was dry on the way down, so even though the tires are shagged the ol' "Sexy Beast" SS was able to clip along nicely. Keith Hale pulled in at Alice's a couple minutes later. He rode his beautiful one-owner 750SS bevel, so that made it officially an all bevel meet. I could hear him coming and knew it was a bevel, it just sounded so right. We hung around for about 45 minutes and took some photos but it started to rain, so we headed for home. Luckily the rain was brief and light, turning dry once we rode inland a mile or two. Two bevels going through the gears sounds pretty effin good... I made a promise to myself to ride with other bevels more often.

Here is an Ofoto.com link to a couple of pictures from today:

http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=119477405103
ivan thelin
san francisco
1954 MV Agusta 175 Sport
1967 Motobi 125 Sport
1975 Ducati 750 GT
1978 Ducati 900 SS
manitoufs
Mariana

Post by manitoufs »

Nice pics Ivan. I wish I could have been there but SoCal is a long haul. I just had to settle for the Rock Store.
George
65 250 Scrambler (2), 64 Monza, 72 250 Scrambler, 73 750 Sport (2)
74 GT (2), 87 F1, 90 750 Sport, 04 Multistrada, 06 Sport Classic

Return to “Events, Shows & News”