Rescued 900SS

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
airmale
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Rescued 900SS

Post by airmale »

Steve and everyone,

Just a few pics of the new 900SS. This bike was rescued from ebay. It's a 1981 900SS that the last owner had in his garage since 1990, it was ridden only 100 miles until I bought it in 2005. It ran terrible until I repaired the pickup wiring harness. She is now a 1-kick bike and a dream come true. It will be faithfully restored to a 1978 Black & Gold. The bike has 5400 original miles on it.
Steve has lots of my cash but I know you will all agree that it’s worth it. Thanks to everyone on the site for the great info.

Click the link for the slide show.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/airmale66 ... g=0&.spd=2
tim61
Diana

Post by tim61 »

:shock: Cool bike!! That is going to be a great restoration project! Can't recall ever seeing an SS still wearing Silentiums. My Darmah had the original Silentiums on it when I bought it. Boy, did it sound lame! Even removing the baffles didn't help!

Be sure to keep posting pictures of your progress on the restoration!

TimO
It is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"....
airmale
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by airmale »

Thanks Tim,
Don't Let the Silentiums fool you, I sharpended a 1 inch pipe and drove it through both the inner and outer baffles. This resulted in a configuration and sound just like the conti`s. The bike came with a rare 2 into 1 conti exhaust that I can put on anytime. The silentiums look stock but sound great. Anyone can make the bad pipes sound great and spend alot less money doing so. The stock Conti 2 into 1 is a straight through pipe and may not perform as well as the setup I have because it doesn`t have the balance tube like the stock exhaust.
Thanks again
airmale

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”