Elm City Ripper...

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
Canadien666
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Elm City Ripper...

Post by Canadien666 »

This is a photo of my '75 860GT "hot-rod". She's a kick-only, loud, obnoxious, leaky, moody beast. The photo dates from a few years ago when she resided in Australia. She now (3 yrs.) regularly disturbs the neighbors and town-folk in New Haven, CT USA. The tank is an Imola/860 fiberglass halfbreed. The heads are bored out to 883 w/ 40mm Del'Orto's and "Imola" unrestricted pipes. No tach, no "idiot lights" just a custom-made Veglia speedo w/ on/off switch. Ceriani forks were flipped upside down w/ Kawa. GPZ calipers. Bead-blasted the "gold" off the rims to give them a "natural" look. Koni shocks and Progressive springs suspend the bike. The battery is being "moved" to the "rear-hump" as we speak w/ a smaller, sealed battery, to "free-up" the look of the rear carb. space. -Bevel Brain'd for Life...

PS- The bike and I'll be at "Tutto Italiano/Larz Museum" in Brookline, MA. on May 22nd.

http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs24&d=05155&f=i-1_B_L.jpg

Post by Guest »

That's a great looking special you've built there mate! You said you were in Australia a while back, which part? Let me guess. Queensland? The font on your tank looks like the QLD DOC logo, am I right?

I would be really appreciative if you could post some more pics of your bike particularly some detail shots of mods you've made and include some additional information about your experiences in owning and modifying her.

I am currently in the process of rebuilding a basket case 860GT into a Sport type special (originally inspired by Scott on this forum...thanks Scott!) so your knowledge and advice would be most welcome.

Thanks for the photo, she really looks good!

Chris

Post by Guest »

One silly thing, it looks like the site that you've got your photo hosted at has resized your photo 'to fit'. It makes it look a bit squashed. If you send me your pics, I can resize them for you or put them up on another server that won't cause that to happen. Let me know if you want to.

Chris
Canadien666
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Canadien666 »

Will post some more pics soon. In the process of movin' ugh!!!

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”