Bevel Ride to Cervantes Western Australia

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
machten
MHR / S2

Bevel Ride to Cervantes Western Australia

Post by machten »

We had a ride 200km up the coast to our holiday shack at Cervantes for a season opening overnighter on the weekend attracting 15 bevels and an F1. Great weekend had by all.

Getting ready to leave Perth...

There's always one problem child..only a broken throttle cable..no shortage of advice available to the mechanic..

Overnight parking...another four bikes in the other shed..

The hero of the trip. This had no problems keeping up with the twins..

Assembling for leaving on Sunday..

There's a few retirees towing caravans along the way that might have had heart attacks when this little pack of Conti shod Italiania roared past them!

Kev
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

Thanks for posting these photos
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

Those bikes would have rattled the Pinnacles and woken the stromatolites. Great photos Kev.
Ian
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

WA bevels

Post by Lumpy »

I bought my first bevel from Claremont in Perth in 1984 and have been hooked ever since. Reason I mention is it seems the bevel population in the West seems stronger than in the Eastern states. Good to see the Conti sonata is still playing..........
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Dunno about bevels in general, but we sure have more than our fair share of 72, 73, 74 and 78 750 Sports. We're in the process of trying to organise a photo of the 19 we know of. Might need a wide angle lens!

btw Ian...you're very knowledgeable on local Cervantes attractions!!!

Kev
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

Kev,
I stayed overnight at Cervantes in 09. An interesting locality to visit. There is a one-way road through a wildflower reserve north of Jurien that would be good on a bike, do you know it?
Ian
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

There is a one-way road through a wildflower reserve north of Jurien that would be good on a bike, do you know it?
Can't say I do, Ian. It sounds like I'd like to though. Where is it?

Kev
Macdesmo
750 GT

Post by Macdesmo »

Kev,
I think the turn off was on the rhs of Jurien bay road coming in from the Highway. The first part is about 2KM of dirt though. I think the road was built for access to the wildflower reserve ( Is this the drover's cave NP?). It is one way and reasonably narrow. Best look on a local map first. BTW has the owner of the MV Sport got any spares as I am looking for a left switch?
Ian
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Ian,
( Is this the drover's cave NP?).
I think so, I'll check it out next time I'm up there. Thanks for the heads up.
BTW has the owner of the MV Sport got any spares as I am looking for a left switch?
Sorry, no. I recall being impressed by the switches compared to what Ducati was using at the time. Aprillia as I recall, but a whole level above the Ducati fit out!

Kev
welshmally
Diana

Post by welshmally »

We headed up to the Pinnacles from Perth 9 years ago - by car. What I would have given to be on the bevel then........ Great photos - those bikes look wonderful in the WA sunshine!

Star of the trip - an echidna sunning itself in the middle of the road. Caused (by Aussie standards) a traffic jam as all drivers stopped to admire. It's a sight my 2 girls (then 7 & 9) will never forget.

Happy days!

BTW, congratulations to The Wallabies - a fair contest well won.

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”