(Nearly) all the Sports

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
paul stoker
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by paul stoker »

Hi Peter,
Yes, its the real deal, 1972 sport and not a copy. This was verified by Mick Walker in writting. Only very few real ones are around and I barely ever see them come up for sale. When they do, they are very expensive but ensure they are real though as they are easy to copy using a GT as starting point. I will check for you, but I thinks they are the welded type manifolds from memory.
Crashfangio
Mariana

Post by Crashfangio »

The 72 is certainly a teriffic looking bike (as are the others!). The paint scheme on the 72 tank and seat looks great.

Was the 72 tank different to the later Sports?? It just looks a bit larger, flared slightly wider at the bottom, similar to a later GT tank shape. I realise that the 72 had a wide rear (different seat), but was the tank design changed as well??

I only ask as the 1973 GT/Sport factory parts manual I have only lists one tank part number for the Sport, which happens to be the same part number as the early GT fibreglass tanks. There is no listing for an early (72) sport tank.
73 750GT
Bill
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by Bill »

Paul
As the "anal" owner of the 72 Sport you may want to look at your front guard. Compared to the 73 and 74 it looks like the 72 guard is mounted backwards. Great looking bike - never seen a 72 in the flesh.

Regards

Bill
(73 Sport owner)

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”