Italian Car, Bike and Scooter Show - Perth 2010

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
machten
MHR / S2

Italian Car, Bike and Scooter Show - Perth 2010

Post by machten »

A slice of bevel heaven at the Rotary Italian Car, Bike and Scooter show this weekend in Perth, Australia...(never mind all the ferraris, lambos, maseratis, fiats, alfas, etc that were there. Got dehydrated from drooling!). We had about 18 of this lot going through the underground tunnel in the city on the ride there. What a sound!

MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

You sure have some nice old girls there , interesting to see so much yellow , an idea why they are so popular over in the west ?
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

Magnifico

Post by Lumpy »

Magnifico!!! I lived in different parts of the West for a number of years and they did seem to have a fairly health Duc following. That was through the 80`s mind you. Maybe it was just the company I was keeping but you just seemed to see a lot of bevels around the place.
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Yes, there was a bit of a "yellow" flavour. Just counting them up I think there are at least 8 Sports that I'm aware of in Perth. I'm sure theres a few more than that are out there, they were pretty popular for an exotic at the time and the Ducati movement has always been very strong in Perth and remains so with DOCWA member numbers at record highs.

That being said, of those 8, 2 have come from NSW in the last 3 years. The Z Stripe 72 came from the US and the restoration was only completed on Friday - it hasn't been licensed yet. I guess the internet has had a huge influence on the movement of bikes, but it seems to be one way movement in Perth - I don't know of any of these that have been sold out of Perth. The rest are local bikes that have changed hands never or once or twice in their lifetimes between people that know each other(and one of those was back to the original owner who wanted it back!).

Seems people just couldn't let them go unless the back, wrists or shoulders gave out, or the flame was totally extinguished. I can understand the feeling, the next person that gets mine will have prised it out of my cold dead hands.

Kev
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Tuesday night is our regular "Bevel Night" between a bunch of us where we go to someones shed and work on bikes. I though I was being a bit conservative on the Sport numbers in Perth, but when a few of us sat down and counted them, we arrived at 15 that we collectively knew of. Not sure how that stacks up with other places, but it seems to me we have a bit of a "Bermuda Sportangle" happening here in a small city which is apparently the most isolated state capital in the world!

Kev
wilkson
Mariana

Post by wilkson »

We have a similar thing happening here in Adelaide with 75 super sports there are eight here that I know of.Looks like a good show what year is your GT?
machten
MHR / S2

Post by machten »

Wow! 8 x 75 SS's. That's gotta be a pretty significant part of the Aus population. Seems to me like there are a lot of SS's in general in SA compared to WA. Maybe way back, all you Adelaide blokes sold your Sports into Perth to buy the SS's!

Not sure which GT you are referring to. The red/black one you can see in one of the photos is mine which is a 73. The Black/white one is a 72. At the end of the line of singles in the last photo is a bronze/black one which is also a 73, but US spec.

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”