1977 900SS arrives in Perth

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
750sport
Mariana

1977 900SS arrives in Perth

Post by 750sport »

A truck pulled up the other day and you'll never guess what it had on the back.......

Finally gets here from California and doesn't look like the box has been damaged which is a good start. That's not me by the way

Tadaaaa. I understand it is un-restored.

Nice looking bike

He'll ride it one day when he is perhaps 30.

Thanks to Steve for his assistance.
Grover
Diana

1977 ss

Post by Grover »

Nice...very nice........you best go over it and then ride it and let us know how much you like it!!!!...well done!!!
The older we get, the more toys we collect!!!
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

nice-hope mine turns out that good-but certainly not unrestored and original
so much time--so little to say
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

oh yeah!!

Post by Lumpy »

Never ever get tired of seeing those lovely silver and blue lines. So...............how about some details. Is it from eBay, how many miles or k`s, whats involved in shipping them over, is is expensive and time consuming to have them shipped???? I`m almost as excited as I would imagine you are.......
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

The bike looks just like it did when I packed her up in that crate... there is a long saga/story about this bike, perhaps the new owner will elaborate - its not for me to say. Anyways, no problem, glad I could help out on this deal. I really like happy endings though. Glad to see everything worked out finally, and in good time too.

Anyways, these photos do not do this bike justice. It is VERY nice indeed.
Last edited by BevHevSteve on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
750sport
Mariana

Re: oh yeah!!

Post by 750sport »

Lumpy wrote:Never ever get tired of seeing those lovely silver and blue lines. So...............how about some details. Is it from eBay, how many miles or k`s, whats involved in shipping them over, is is expensive and time consuming to have them shipped???? I`m almost as excited as I would imagine you are.......
Yes, it was in fact an eBay auction from a bloke in California.

The only issue with doing this is that it can turn out to be very tricky to get it into a crate then from the seller to the shippers location, once in the shippers hands you are golden (as long as its a good shipper)

Importing is not a problem, you need a permit to import which you get from the Aust Federal Govt transport department before it arrives in Australia, the rest we have our shipper/custom clearers handle. From experience you can do the custom clearence your self and save a little bit but its a hand full and takes a lot of time - one word of advice, leave it to the experts. If you can find a freight mob that also does the custom clearance for you that is even better.

Interestingly this one came over with 8 ltrs of US petrol and a sump full of oil I do not know how still in it!!

Expensive to import? Depends on how much GST you end up having to pay which is a factor of how much the bike cost you.
750sport
Mariana

Re: 1977 ss

Post by 750sport »

Grover wrote:Nice...very nice........you best go over it and then ride it and let us know how much you like it!!!!...well done!!!
Well it started but was running very badly so off the carbs came.

Sunday night I stripped them and cleaned them out using carbi cleaner etc. The rear main jet and needle seat was badly gummed up with stuff which was no doubt messing things up. The front seemed cleaner but the slide was a bit sticky.

Carbs back on and I started it last night after work, I'm glad I did it early evening, the thing seems to be considerably louder than the 750 Sport - it would have awakened half the block. A bit of carbi balancing and fine tuning of idle and it should all be fine.

Strangely, these carbs have chokes (no tickler) and are Dellorto PHM 40 BS and BD - very strange, I guess they were changed once upon a time.

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”