Another 1975 900SS is here.

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
andy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Another 1975 900SS is here.

Post by andy »

Here is my Ducati 1975 900ss, which i bought in 1985. I rode it as my daily ride for 12 years, but due to other commitments, i garaged it for 12 years. Took it out late 2007 after rebuilding the forks and brakes and a new rewound stater. Fired her up and now she is a great sunday ride.

Here it is in 1985 when i bought it -

And now -

The newer pics were taken at the 2008 Toy Run here in Adelaide. Unfortunately her 80's paint job is getting a bit faded, but she's one hell of a ride.

Andy
AUSDUCATI
75 900ss
DesmoKid
Mariana

Post by DesmoKid »

As my kids would say with feeling: That's awesome Andy! :P Well done on getting such a beautiful machine going again.
Are you talkin' to me?
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

A real beauty Andy!

Good to see it on the right forum ;)

Cheers,

Andy
Lumpy
SD900 Darmah

beautiful!!!!

Post by Lumpy »

Belisimo!!!!! Ain`t she a beaut.................can`t get enough of those mid seventy`s SS . Blurs the lines between engineering and art.
Grover
Diana

75 ss

Post by Grover »

Beautifull......another machine claws its way from a hidy hole and is out in the sunlight again......congratulations!!!!!!
The older we get, the more toys we collect!!!
BEVEL DAVE
Diana

Post by BEVEL DAVE »

Still miss my '75 900, it was a great bike except for the shitty ignition packing in a couple of times.
I like the later ones also but my '75 was the best.

Keep the old paint on it, it gives it character. They cant all be perfect never ridden examples.

Dave.
andy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Post by andy »

BEVEL DAVE wrote:Still miss my '75 900, it was a great bike except for the shitty ignition packing in a couple of times.
I like the later ones also but my '75 was the best.

Keep the old paint on it, it gives it character. They cant all be perfect never ridden examples.

Dave.
Thanks Dave.I bet you miss your 75.I remember well the guy selling mine was buying a house.
So when I bought my house I put the bike in the garage and wrapped it up. It was worth the wait.

Andy
AUSDUCATI
75 900ss
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Art

Post by Gum »

Gday, what a great bike, I agree keep the old paint. Can I ask, did you buy it in Adelaide, if so what was the Rego as I sold mine about that time in Adelaide. Thanks Gum
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Same bike

Post by Gum »

Well I bought it for $1700 and its a ripper bike. Here is a 1977 pic of the bike. I have great memories of that bike, including outrunning the cops on it. It did a big end, which my mate still has in his shed. Nice polished rods ??? Gum PS note the paint is not the same colour at all.

andy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Re: Same bike

Post by andy »

[quote="Gum"]Well I bought it for $1700 and its a ripper bike. Here is a 1977 pic of the bike. I have great memories of that bike, including outrunning the cops on it. It did a big end, which my mate still has in his shed. Nice polished rods ??? Gum PS note the paint is not the same colour at all.
That's fantastic Gum now I can see it's original colour.
Andy.
AUSDUCATI
75 900ss
MartinMille BANNED
BANNED

Post by MartinMille BANNED »

I was told some time ago that the 75 had a deeper shade of blue when compared to a 76
BEVEL DAVE
Diana

Post by BEVEL DAVE »

I will bet they were all different given the batch of paint used.

My '75 was very close (no-one would pick it) to 4 coats of Royal Candy blue over med. silver tinter from an original un-painted or restored fairing but Gowie had original stuff that was different again.

Dave.
andy
Cucciolo - the Lil Pup

Was the 75/76 blue a metallic paint.

Post by andy »

Martin Mille / SSD wrote:I was told some time ago that the 75 had a deeper shade of blue when compared to a 76
The 75 had the darker blue it almost looked like a very fine metalic.The 76 had the same colour blue fairing but the tank was a lighter blue.Maybe gum could tell us how the original dark blue look.
Andy.
AUSDUCATI
75 900ss
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

I've previously commented on the '75 blues, but here goes...
My roadworthy example had straight dark blue trim - I colourmatched it from the original decal on the front mudguard: I managed to cut back the yellowed lacquer to get to the 'fresh' colour, so I'm confident ;) it's a good match...

Max Meyer Bilux
Formula 7 0570 01
Enzianblau AU P5G

The other '75 bike has metallic blue trim the same colour as the fairing.
Both have metallic blue fairings...next time I'm at the paintshop (soon....I just bought a N*rt*n C*mmand* for resto :oops: ) I'll get a colourmatch for the paint I got from ORSP in Italy.

I haven't seen the lighter straight blue on anything before the steel tank model introduced in '76...but I lead a sheltered life ~%~

Cheers,

Andy
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

I've previously commented on the '75 blues, but here goes...
My roadworthy example had straight dark blue trim - I colourmatched it from the original decal on the front mudguard: I managed to cut back the yellowed lacquer to get to the 'fresh' colour, so I'm confident ;) it's a good match...

Max Meyer Bilux
Formula 7 0570 01
Enzianblau AU P5G

The other '75 bike has metallic blue trim the same colour as the fairing.
Both have metallic blue fairings...next time I'm at the paintshop (soon....I just bought a N*rt*n C*mmand* for resto :oops: ) I'll get a colourmatch for the paint I got from ORSP in Italy.

I haven't seen the lighter straight blue on anything before the steel tank model introduced in '76...but I lead a sheltered life ~%~

Cheers,

Andy

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”