'75 900ss emerging...

Post pictures of your twin cylinder Bevel Drive Ducati (pre-1985) along with a description here.
conti-mental
Mach 3

'75 900ss emerging...

Post by conti-mental »

I know it isn't perfect 'cos I wanted to ride it and got all impatient :oops:
The wheels and suspension have been restored since this shot was taken.

Cheers,

Andy
BevHevSteve
SITE OWNER
SITE OWNER

Post by BevHevSteve »

nice bike andy
Steve Allen (925)798-BEVL[2385] Ride'm, Don't Hide'm
Ducati/Euro Spares -> https://Store.BevelHeaven.com
Jon
Diana

Post by Jon »

+1

Very Nice.

regards
jon
1983 900 S2
1983 Mk III Le Mans
1992 Honda VFR400r
1976 CB550f
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

hey andy
have been watching the progtress of your 2 75's for a while-
questions
i note the front fairing screws are not in line-i bought new front brackets for mine-with the correct shape-am having a great time trying to line everything up-not
no head light trim-to be fitted?
seat -looks like steel tank seat on steroids rather than 75-was that just for comfort?
also-without doubt---75 was the best ss
so much time--so little to say
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Right about the seat - it's the one it came with, and I'm a bit on the tall side, so any additional distance from the footpegs is a bonus!

Likewise with the fairing - I shortened the lower ears so I could get my legs tucked in :oops: and when I originally got it the headlamp aperture was bigger than a very big thing, even with trim fitted. It also had indicator cutouts :?
I re-worked the fibreglass based on a photo in Mick Walkers book - which shows that the fairing was a close fit to the headlamp with no trim, so I copied it.
With what I know now, I'm inclined to re-work it again, as it is a tad out of position.
I have an unmodified new fairing ready for painting which will be per the factory brochure...strictly for show purposes, as I'll have nowhere to put my legs :doh:
The other bike is coming on - *maybe* It'll be rolling this year..... ;)

Cheers,

Andy
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

hey andy-
just for no reason-75 900ss sold here in adelaide recently for
$65,000 aud---times that by 2 and do the exchange
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

nottonight68 wrote:hey andy-
just for no reason-75 900ss sold here in adelaide recently for
$65,000 aud---times that by 2 and do the exchange

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Looks like We're heading towards the 'too valuable to ride' club territory.

I appreciate the info, as I have been wondering - even the most understanding Wife in the world isn't going to let me keep both, especially when we've got a house to rebuild :roll:
Can't pretend I'm not a bit pleased deep down though, but it does mean that the pressure's on for total originality... and less hooning around on the Cockerham road here in Lancashire!

Incidentally, the one being rebuilt has a 3" Borrani on the back, which makes the ride better, but obviously scores it down, so I was more than a bit pleased when this turned up from a mate's shed yersterday...

What should I bid him for it?

Cheers,

Andy
DesmoKid
Mariana

Post by DesmoKid »

Great bike Andy :-D ; the 75 900SS is the one that I want but will probably never have because of the skyrocketing prices. Luckily I have the other ones that I want for solace. As to the rim found in your mates shed. well it's not only a Borrani 47 but it's the right 47 for your bike as it does not have the /11 tagged to the word RECORD. Do the shoulders flare outwards slightly as they should, or are they radial? I'd hate to think what it's worth on the open market but you should really ask your mate if he's a true friend.... ;)
Are you talkin' to me?
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

just read this and went out and looked at my orig 76 rims-stamped /11 and straight sided-definetly a 74-75 rim----probably worthless tho--due to poor condition of spokes :shock:
cafe*racer
SSD900 Darmah

Post by cafe*racer »

I think its off an early 750SS makes it even more valuable.
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

Well....

The flanges do taper outwards towards the hub
I've reason to believe this particular wheel is off an 860 GT or GTS - the discs aren't drilled, but it has a very nice and original T-bar spindle which I'm pleased with (I desperately needed one, and was going to get one made).
I've come to an arrangement with my mate -he's got no use for it any more, so I'll get it re-laced with stainless spokes. It looks like it's going to buff up well - no signs of abuse ;)

Cheers!
nottonight68
BLABBERMOUTH

Post by nottonight68 »

real nos spokes come up on ozzie e-bay-i prefer s/s myself
conti-mental
Mach 3

Post by conti-mental »

nottonight68 wrote:real nos spokes come up on ozzie e-bay-i prefer s/s myself
Likewise - I'm all for originality as far as it goes, but deep down I'm just a Bling Tart! Can't resist shiny things ;)

Cheers!
Gum
750 Sport [BEVEL]

Original

Post by Gum »

Gday, Im sorry but go original, its as cheap as its ever going to be. Believe me if you think today is dear, tomorrow is going to be dearer. Thanks Gum.
conti-mental
Mach 3

Re: Original

Post by conti-mental »

Gum wrote:Gday, Im sorry but go original, its as cheap as its ever going to be. Believe me if you think today is dear, tomorrow is going to be dearer. Thanks Gum.
I've thought long and hard about this, and I just prefer the look of stainless spokes (and fasteners). I'll gladly put my hand up to over-restoring, but the 'distressed but original' look wasn't an option - trust me ;)
If I was a total purist I'd consider getting them blasted to dull them off to the right look, and chasing NOS stuff on fleabay isn't my idea of sport (and yes - I still need a JOD headlight and a pair of Marzocchi shocks...got them for one bike, but not the other).

It's all reversible, so not losing too much sleep yet ;)

Cheers!

Return to “Bevel Head Twins Photo Gallery”